feeding assasins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 10 assasins coming in tomorrow or Friday. I have a massive snail invasion going on. One day I squished 18 then next there were even more! So I decided to get some assasins. What I am worried about is once they get here and they decimate the pond snail population what do I feed them? I have also set up a small 1 gallon tank and added some of the pond snails to it so that they can breed and I will have plenty for the assasins. But in the case that there is isn't enough do I rehome them or is there something else I can feed them?

They will eat just about anything that makes it to the bottom. We feed our breeding colony (no pond snails) earthworm pellets.

I have 10 assasins coming in tomorrow or Friday. I have a massive snail invasion going on. One day I squished 18 then next there were even more! So I decided to get some assasins. What I am worried about is once they get here and they decimate the pond snail population what do I feed them? I have also set up a small 1 gallon tank and added some of the pond snails to it so that they can breed and I will have plenty for the assasins. But in the case that there is isn't enough do I rehome them or is there something else I can feed them?

They eat algae, algae wafers, flake food, pellets, anything! They will not breed without meaty food though.

Back
Top Bottom