Fluval 5g spec intake protection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Currently im using a piece of marineland filterpad wedged into the lower intake and a piece to cover the inside of the upper grated intake. How do other people safeguard their shrimplets and fry from becoming filter dwellers?

Attachments

• 1409976314721.jpg
    1409976314721.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 1409976351617.jpg
    1409976351617.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 93
On my Fluval I'm currently using sponge, but before Thant I just tied a nylon over the intake with an elastic band.

Yeah I have a 6g fluval edge too.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its a great corner of a room tank. The tank has great potential. I leave the top off for a nice clean rim less look that it has.

Your set up looks good as long as the filter can still run properly

In the spec there is a mystery snail, bn pleco, and just under one million rcs. If anyone lives near seattle and wants some rcs, come and get them.
The edge houses 2 assassin snails and one hybrid mbuna. Its the offspring from my other tank. Hes the lone survivor and im kinda attached to the little fella now.
Eventually id like to put some shellies in there.

In the spec there is a mystery snail, bn pleco, and just under one million rcs. If anyone lives near seattle and wants some rcs, come and get them.
The edge houses 2 assassin snails and one hybrid mbuna. Its the offspring from my other tank. Hes the lone survivor and im kinda attached to the little fella now.
Eventually id like to put some shellies in there.

Pretty cool! I'm trying to get my shrimpies to get their groove on. They were getting up there but I think a neon got the shrimp babies.

Im considering adding a couple fish (not sure what yet) to keep my shrimp numbers a little more under control. Not to gorge on all my shrimp, just add some balance.
Any good fish ideas?

Some of my favorites are, commonly found at lfs, Green Neons, Chilis aka Boraras Brigittae.
Harder to find for a reasonable price, Celestial Pearl Danios, aka Galaxy Rasbora (but it isn't really a Rasbora), aka Danio margaritatus.
Even harder to find and somewhat difficult and need special conditions, Sundanio Axlerodi - Neon Blue. But very beautiful.

All nice nano fish.

My favorite right now is the Celestial Pearl Danios.

If you really want them gobbled up get Scarlet Gem Badis, tiny hunters!

Those are some nice selections. Ill be going down to the WetSpot fish store in about a week. Ill probably be there for half a day enamoured with many species I simply cant home, yet. Its a nice amusement park.

If by chance the 2 or 3 fish I get for the spec graze on 2 to 3 small shrimp a day when my head is turned, Im good with that. I cant even count all the berried shrimp in the tank. My bn pleco might go crazy by the cherry red horde soon.

Those are some nice selections. Ill be going down to the WetSpot fish store in about a week. Ill probably be there for half a day enamoured with many species I simply cant home, yet. Its a nice amusement park.

If by chance the 2 or 3 fish I get for the spec graze on 2 to 3 small shrimp a day when my head is turned, Im good with that. I cant even count all the berried shrimp in the tank. My bn pleco might go crazy by the cherry red horde soon.

Lucky you! What a fun day; you better bring a napkin for all the drooling you are gonna do, :ROFLMAO: Sounds really exciting, I understand that is an amazing place to go!

Back
Top Bottom