Friend or foe?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starkkj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have these two little guys and I have no idea where the smallest one came from. I got the bigger one on accident with some salvinia (which they have almost completely eaten). I have recently found some clear sack like looking things attached to the sides of my tank so I took them out assuming they are eggs but these snails can’t possibly be old enough to reproduce? I’ve only had the biggest one since May 5! I just found another one, the size of a pin head. Here’s a picture of what the possible eggs look like(along with some substrate, oops!)IMG_6458.jpgIMG_6456.jpg

Both friend and foe
Its actually kinda complicated, but once you have 1 you will soon have 100's
They are just normal pond snails I have about 50, they started appearing in my molly tank and I feed them to my bluegills and my turtle, but the eggs you see you definitely want to get out if you do not want snails

Both friend and foe
Its actually kinda complicated, but once you have 1 you will soon have 100's
They are just normal pond snails I have about 50, they started appearing in my molly tank and I feed them to my bluegills and my turtle, but the eggs you see you definitely want to get out if you do not want snails

I got these guys by accident and they won’t stop reproducing!!

Yup I am very glad my bluegills eat them lol they are getting out of control

Luckily I caught them soon enough and quarantined them. I’m probably gonna take them to my favorite bluegill fishing spot.

If you feed a lot, foe. Or have harder water will see more breeding.

If you have soft water usually less of an issue. Many Loaches, momma Guppies (eat smaller ones) and Goldfish like to eat them

They are really good tank cleaners.

They are easily squished for fish food.

Oh, also adding things into a waterway can cause issues in the eco system. Non native creatures are a nono, and also possible introduction of damaging parasites or bacteria, infections/ illness are a danger.

Oh, also adding things into a waterway can cause issues in the eco system. Non native creatures are a nono, and also possible introduction of damaging parasites or bacteria, infections/ illness are a danger.

I believe I’ve gotten them all out! I squished some and fed to my betta. I’m done getting grown plants! From now on, only bulbs or prepackaged!

Back
Top Bottom