Hitchhiker Snail Identification?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewBettaBuddy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,
I have a tank that's currently just plants while I seed a filter for it, it will eventually be a shrimp tank. Noticed this tiny snail in there, guessing that he rode in on a plant. I've tried googling around, and I suspect it's a pond snail, but I figured I would turn to more experienced eyes.
I'm not against having snails in with the shrimp, but if this is a plant-muncher, I want him out. Only about a centimeter long right now. Sorry the lighting isn't great for this photo, I can try to get a better one later.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• snailpic 2.jpg
    snailpic 2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 163
Not really a problem in shrimp tank though if the numbers get too high they might monopolize food sources (e.g. - wafers).

Awesome, back in he goes! Thank you for the help (and the advice about feeding - I will keep an eye on that)

They are really good work horse cleaners. Too many will poop a lot, more than can be appreciated, lol.

I seem to have a good amount and not worry too much about population explosions, but also have a lower pH normally. They breed well with lots of food and harder water.

Back
Top Bottom