Identify this shrimp please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cavnoe

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I am interested in buying a shrimp I saw on ebay and aquabid but the seller doesn't know what kind of shrimp it is.

I am including the picture of the shrimp. It is supposed to be a freshwater species.

Attachments

• fwinverts1346291402.jpg
    fwinverts1346291402.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 98
I will look up the red claw but this guy says that this is a photo of an adult. I can't find any other shrimp that look like this one in the photo.

Here is a description from the auction:

This prawn grows to 2-3 inches. The juvenile prawns look similar to a grass shrimp however, upon closer inspection, the back of the prawn has stripes like a tiger shrimp and the tail has red dots on each fin & the antennae & claws are red, white & blue when mature. These features become much more pronounced when adults. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!, especially when the prawns mature into beautiful living gems. They are a beautiful clean-up crew, chowing hungrily on leftover flake and anything edible that sinks to the bottom. This prawn seems to get along well in a community tank. This prawn produces larval fry, and lots of them, regardless of salinity. Have a green water culture ready as i may send a berried female.

Back
Top Bottom