Info on Assassin snails please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basefrog

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I am beginning to get a snail problem in my 29g planted tank (pest snails).
I hear Assassins as supposed to be good at keeping them under control. However I intend to add red cherry shrimp, and was wondering id they would harm the shrimps? Also how many could I keep in a tank this size? and would they target Planaria?

Thanks =)

I don't think they will bother your shrimp. Mine don't. They will take care of your snail problem. If your talking about your 6gal tank. Two should do the job.

I would go with about 10 they should wipe out the population in no time. Leave the empty snail shells in the tank to dissolve the shrimp with appreciate the extra minerals. They will not harm your shrimp, however they won't eat the planaria either. There are chemicals that will kill the planaria that is shrimp safe however it will kill the snails too. I would not resort to that unless the planaria are causing major problems.

Back
Top Bottom