Mytery snail feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Random Fishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
One: what's the best way and thing to feed them for food. Two: what's the best thing to I've for their shells? I got one yesterday and I ask because I was thinking about giving him some zucchini. Is that a good idea? If so how do i give it to him? do i boil, let it cool, then just throw it in the tank? He hasn't had anything sense yesterday so please help me before he begins to starve. How do I give him some food with out the other fish eating it around him?

Can some please explain why it seems to be my posts that do not get answered? Anyone? :(

One: what's the best way and thing to feed them for food. Two: what's the best thing to I've for their shells? I got one yesterday and I ask because I was thinking about giving him some zucchini. Is that a good idea? If so how do i give it to him? do i boil, let it cool, then just throw it in the tank? He hasn't had anything sense yesterday so please help me before he begins to starve. How do I give him some food with out the other fish eating it around him?

Hi, i feed my snail's blanched kale, spinach and cucumber i just boil mine for a minute then drop into cold water and then straight into the tank. You can also buy vegi clips which are really handy to hold the food. I feed mine when the lights are out drop the veg in and usually leave it over night so I know they've all been fed. You can also feed algae wafers but your fish might want them too! The kale and spinach is good for their shells and i add a piece of cuttlebone to my tank as well. Hope this helps :)

I just tried zucchini for my snail but my greedy goldfish got to it and started to rip off chunks and it made my water filled with floating pieces of zucchini. :(

You could try feeding him when you have switched the lights out that's what I do as my betta wants there food too. Is there any where you could hide the food so that the snail can only get to it? Try not to worry snail's can go without food for a while.

Well there's the spongebob pineapple I have on the side of my aquarium. But the problem is is that my snail travels around the aquarium and it might be a while before he rediscovers the pineapple again ( Plus my gold fish will do ANYTHING to get food as long as he knows where it is plus he's a bully :( )

Goldfish love to be greedy lol try hiding it in the spongebob house and put your snail near it mine always go to the same spot to feed. Maybe distract your goldfish or hide the food in there when the lights are out and you go to bed the snail will find it and hopefully your goldfish will be asleep.

I WISH!!!! The goldfish seems to stay up 24-7 and I don't even know. I was think about getting some sinking pellets but I think if I put a vegetable it will get the water dirty with its particles.

You could always try pellets they'll eat anything, i prefer kale and spinach with the vegi clip at night it doesn't make as much mess and it's easier to get out in the morning. The snail will eat your goldfish food too.

That's nice to know. I swear though the goldfish is the number one fish food detector in the world lol.

I have had two in my tank for over a six months. I never do any special feeding except throw in an algae tab now and then. They like to cruise around and will scavenge most of their food from the substrate and glass.

I have had two in my tank for over a six months. I never do any special feeding except throw in an algae tab now and then. They like to cruise around and will scavenge most of their food from the substrate and glass.

Do you have any goldfish who bully other fish and are greedy?

Theres also recipes you can find on how to make your own snails food. Its pretty easy, you just blend up all the different ingredients and spread it out flat on a baking sheet and bake on low temp until it becomes dehydrated.

Ive also seen someone mention that they make a liquid food that they paint on rocks and then place the rocks in the tank for snails to feed off of. But I have no idea how thats made and they wouldn't share how it was done or sell it.

Back
Top Bottom