Nerite doesn't like to be in water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toad

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had gotten a nerite snail probably at least a month ago, and put him in my 10g shrimp and snail tank. He refuses to stay in the water. I never see him on in the tank, just perpetually surfing the underneath of the lid. I had to get the lid just for him, othewise I'd find him somewhere on the floor after going missing three or four days later. The water is testing fine, the shrimp and other snails are fine, why won't he stay?20170720_212001.jpg

That's strange, never had one do that!
Wish I could be of more help.

Hmm :/ slight correction, everything but nitrates are fine, I have 40 or 80ppm (can NOT tell the difference on the stupid chart) and that's what it's coming straight out of the tap at too.

Well the store I bought it from said they were always climbing out, but I figured that was because of the way the tanks were set up. At this point Im almost tempted to set up a tiny half and half tank and see if he just wants to be a land snail lol

I have never had a nerite leave? My Mystery Snails will wander when laying but that's it.

My nerite likes to stick to the top of my lid every once and a while. But not to the extent of what your guy is doing!

Back
Top Bottom