Opinion(s)...Boraras Brigittae Chilis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
How many Boraras Brigittae could be comfortably housed into a 12G or 6G Edge tank.
(with dwarf cherry shrimp)

I have an opportunity to get a big bunch of them so just wondering how big of a bunch???

If I house these with a Pearl Gourami, who seems pretty peaceful (unlike his past tank mate) what do you think about survival. The overflow quantity of fish might end up in this 37G tank.

There are also Cardinals and Cories...Harlequin Rasbora. I think they would be alright...

As for the other tank, I assume consensus would be adult Angelfish would have a tasty snack. :blink:

The aquarium advisor says they get 1.5 inches which isn't true. The ones I have had are at the most .75 but probably less, in between .50 and they are thin and tiny. I would say next to no bioload, maybe 2.5 Chilis would equal a full grown Cardinal Tetra.

Live aquaria says they should be in a appx 8x14" set up for swimming space.

The ones I have are presently in the 6.6G Edge with the Sundanios. Still only 2 Sundanios as the lfs has yet to get any in again, after telling me they have them all the time!!! I bought the last 2 in the tank. The Sundanios are newer but I have had the Chilis well over a year.

I would love to see how they look in a big school. I understand their colors come out much more vibrantly as the males try to attract the attention of the females. :brows:

The 12G Edge I don't have in my possession yet. Also why I was wondering about the over flow question to the 37G. Just wondering if having a large school 20-24, they won't be as timid, with lots of plants and clouds of Java Moss. ?????

I put little to no stock in aqua advisor, if you wanted to do a large school a 20L would be ideal. I would worry about the Gourami turning them in to snacks, I've had the larger ones in the past and they can be quite aggressive at times.

This Pearl Gourami seems very sweet and gentle. Always comes up for food in a gentle way. Not like a starving frenzied maniac, like guppies, lol.

btw on a side note- The two meanest fish I ever had were a Male Pearl Gourami (a killer of the female Gourami also a tank mate), this ones previous tank mate, (and secondly, the meanest, angriest female Betta I have ever seen!!!)

I wouldn't be surprised if he eats new baby guppies when I am not watching though.

Thank you for the input!!!

Back
Top Bottom