12G Edge shrimp tank build 9/2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
60074-albums14830-picture72696.jpg

This is the tank -in the white version.
https://fluvalaquatics.com/us/product/edge-aquarium-kit-12-us-gal-46-l-white/

I have finally found a minute to start working on getting this set up/ I am up-grading the black version tank as it has a tiny rock chip, (totally fine and have been using it for about 7 years and it was used when I got it.) But the stand is white and I know it will look excellent in white with the white stand of course!

Pic is ~ 6 years ago (long gone broken SW tank) and the lovely stand.
60074-albums14227-picture68012.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The location for this tank is already set up in the black old version 12G Edge. Containing Golden Bee shrimp (and Nannostomus marginatus - Dwarf Pencilfish and a few remaining Boraras Brigittae - Chili Rasbora).

Will be in the process of slipping in the new white parts, and leaving the filter and the present glass tank.

Reason is the new tank and substrate will not be ready (matured with biofilm) for breeding shrimp for a little while, and I still would like to see the pretty new white parts of the tank with the white stand.

The tank water has to be lowered to remove the fish from it (Pencilfish probably eating the baby Golden Bee shrimp). Hadn't planned for them to be in there that long.

And it will be the ideal time to slip in the new white base column and top.

I have a small group of Bee shrimp ordered, coming soon- 6, which are 2 Extreme Blue Bolts, 2 Wine Red, and 2 Shadow Panda.

This tank - white 12G Fluval Edge shrimp inhabitants have not been determined yet.

There might be a group of Neocaridina to go along with the Caridina shrimp.

This tank is something which is VERY difficult to cull from, a tiny opening at the top appx. 7 inches x 6 or possibly 8x7inches. I didn't measure it.

The shrimp inside need to breed true and be a lovely display since I won't be scooping individual shrimp out once it is packed full of DW, rocks, plants and moss. Nearly impossible.

But I am also considering derimming the old glass 12G - removing the whole top. I have done it with the 6.6G Edge. This will be used in the black version if I get around to doing it.

[My issue is trying not to add MORE tanks, but retire some other tank in a replacement - it is HARD to make these decisions. :angel: ]

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

More in the next post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom