Orange eye blue tiger shrimp with bamboo shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tali931

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday I added few oebt to my 5 gallon bamboo shrimp tank. I was just wondering if the bamboo shrimp would eat the blue shrimps babies if they swam into the fan claw things?
Thanks and advice is greatly appreciated:)

I would think they'd be fine. I keep vampire shrimp which are larger than the bamboo and when a young shrimp would land on his fan he would just shake it off.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks.. Will keep them together and see what happens. Can't seem to find too much info bout that online

Fan feeding, or filter feeding, shrimp species don't eat anything that's not fairly microscopic in size. Baby shrimp are totally safe from them, as are all other creatures.

Their fans, when closed, are sometimes used to poke at other shrimp but they are not able to do any damage to anything, not even a small fish.

I think I'm more staring to worry about my bamboo shrimp.. The tiger shrimp are turning out to be quite the bullies:(

They can be very aggressive compared to most of the other small sized shrimps. If the fan shrimp are bullied enough they may try to leave the tank. For sure, male bamboo shrimp have been known to climb out of tanks and walk quite a distance before they get dried out.

In natural habitat, males will walk from one pool to another, probably to find new mates and spread genetic material around. Sadly, they don't know the tank is not a pool :-(.

Might want to cover your tank, if the tank has an open top.

Back
Top Bottom