Please help! Urgent!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LOVEmyFISH S2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I am new here and I would love to make an introduction soon but right now I NEED HELP!!

I have a mystery snail who was in a 36g bowfront tank with 6 zebra danios, 6 harlequin rasboras and two emerald corys. I am not sure what happened but I found my poor snail with a severely damaged shell! Idk if the fish are messing with him and making him go back in his shell and he falls and hits the rocks at the bottom or what :( but he has a hole in his shell and it is becoming very red around the hole of the shell. I am guessing that is from irritation but could it be an infection?? I really love my pets, even my $2 snail! My bf thinks I'm crazy but I really want to help this little guy! Please can someone give me some advice??

I flagged this urgent because Idk if it is an infection or what and I would like to treat him right away! I have him in a separate, small tank to let him relax because surely having a hole in your back is stressful! It is only 3 gallons but it is only temporary. It has a light, lid, heather, air pump and filter though so it is not just some silly bucket.

Here are some pictures. The first 3 pictures I took in my car because I took him to Petco and they didn't know what to do so I came here!

This is his hole. See the redness?? :( it wasn't like that so it is not just the coloring of his shell. Maybe it's blood? :((
ylFY7HM.jpg

Here is a crack, not attached to the hole but I noticed it when I was looking at the hole.
FDw8e7K.jpg

Another pic of his crack.
BRMO39l.jpg

Here he is in his holding tank. All alone. He likes heaters :p he is always snuggled up to the one in the big tank.
yc10bs4.jpg

It's hard to say what happened :( Feed it calcium fortified food, keep it in 74-76 degree clean water, change the water every few days while he's healing. That's a lovely mystery snail, I hope he gets better soon!

Back
Top Bottom