Quick! Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bisnicks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just received my Taiwan Fire Red shrimp today. I did my 90% water change last night after completing my cycle. My tap water's pH is relatively high and brought my tank from 6.8 to 7.6. My tank stabilizes around 6.8. It's been almost 24 hours since my water change and my ph is still 7.6. Knowing that it'll likely drop back to 6.8, am I going to hurt my shrimp by drip acclimating them and putting them into my tank? What should I do?

I just received my Taiwan Fire Red shrimp today. I did my 90% water change last night after completing my cycle. My tap water's pH is relatively high and brought my tank from 6.8 to 7.6. My tank stabilizes around 6.8. It's been almost 24 hours since my water change and my ph is still 7.6. Knowing that it'll likely drop back to 6.8, am I going to hurt my shrimp by drip acclimating them and putting them into my tank? What should I do?

Inverts like a higher ph it's good for there shells but i don't think the fluctuations all the time would be good. All u need to do to fix that though is to get a ph adjuster at your lfs or online. I got a big bottle oh ph up on Amazon for 10$ just to give u an idea. But a slow aclimation should be good for your shrimp.

Is this the 6 gallon that you're running CO2 on? If so, it should have come down. I'd make sure everything is running properly first. I strongly suggest never adding chemicals to mess with pH, they make your tank fluctuate and that's what's dangerous. Having a steady pH is fine and most fish/inverts will adjust just fine to lower or higher pH.

Take a longer time acclimating them, they should adjust fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom