Red Claw Crab- Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

icydeath

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright so I have had my RCC for a while (name is Waldo, most likely a guy, reaching sexual maturity soon) and when I was moving his tank, I placed his heater wire in an odd position.

It was very close to a rock formation so he climbed out and I didn't see him for at least 12 hours. Anyways, I later found him in the corner and flipped out so I got him into a cup and released him back into the tank. He started freaking out and would stop ever once and a while. Anyways, I have the tank crab proofed and he is recovering I think. I believe he is a terracotta pot in the tank but because of the angle it is placed at, I cant see him. Do you guys think he is alright? Should I move the pot and check on him? The reason I am hesitant to do so is that the pot is helping to support a gravel/sand slope he uses to get in and out of the water.

Sorry for the long post, just worried.

I'd leave it be 'til he comes out. If he's ok and just recovering from the shock, he won't appreciate being disturbed. If he's not doing ok, there really isn't anything you can do for him anyway, sorry to say. Mostly we just get to wait and see when things like this happen. Shows how determined some critters can be though.. they'll find way out if they can.

RCC's sometimes stay out of the water for a while (especially if they can stay moist) so it won't be too likely that it will die bit you should leave it alone until it's fully recovered

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom