what is your shrimp feeding schedule?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I was wondering What different things you guys use to feed your shrimp, and how often?
I currently have 10red rilis in a 5g with alot of algae. I know they probably need some added protein in their diet besides just eating algae.
That's all they've been eating so far and they're growing very fast. Almost doubled in size in a couple weeks. Hopefully ill see some saddles soon

I don't directly feed my shrimp. They just scavenge the scraps. But they do love the sinking shrimp pellets that i feed my Bolivian ram. They steal it from him lol!

My RCS get algae wafers 3 days a week, I give them a couple of small pieces instead of a whole wafer. On one of those 3 days, they also get some fish flakes. On another day, i'll do blood worms and or brine shrimp. On the third day, a blanched zucchini.

I will feed all my shrimp about every third day. I alternate between a food designed for shrimp and NLS algae wafers. They don't need very much at all, one algae wafer will last a couple weeks since I break it up.

It's better to underfeed than over feed shrimp.

I've put an algae wafer in there and a shrimp pellet in there (about a week apart) and both times I wait like 20-40 minutes and come back and none of them are eating it. 0_0

Back
Top Bottom