What snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoutylad22

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everybody, what type of snail do you recommend I put in my planted tank? It's 70 litre (18 us gallon) tank. 3 to 4 in eco complete substrate.

Malaysian trumpet snails, they can be beneficial in they'll keep the substrate turning over and eat excess food, if there is too much food they'll reproduce like crazy..

I started off with two or so MTS (attached to a piece of bogwood I bought) and now have 30 or so in the space of 6 months....

Attachments

• photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    105 KB · Views: 72
I got some snails today ? I bought 3 Black Malaysian Trumpet Snails! No doubt in a few months time I'll end up with a few more ?

I bought 15, split them up between a few tanks they do good, you won't see them much unless you look at night lol

They are really cool snails. A great addition to my tank. I'm off to pick up some shrimp tomorrow, any suggestions on which shrimp to get?

I just got ghost shrimp cause they're cheap and the pet store didn't have any others. I still like them and find them mostly on the back of the whisper filter I have

Back
Top Bottom