Names for my new dog?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lung Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm getting a new dog, a female silver border collie with black spots. I need name suggestions, my top picks are: Comet, and Star. Please help me choose a name by 6/18/2015.

IMO dogs understand/recognize 2 syllable words better then one.
I say "come here!".
The inflection and 2 syllables make the command or name easier to recognize.
My girls are;Emma,Tessa,Graycie B,and Gia
My male is Riley.
I love naming dogs and every name has a meaning;
Tessa- Tom and Emmas Silver Sister of the Adirondacks!
I do like Comet.
Sadie?

I may not be able to get her, i've got my fingers crossed right now... Hope she's still for sale...

I'm getting an other dog in July and her name will either be "Bellatrix" from Harry Potter or Happy from sons of anarchy.

Why did you choose your names? Are you in to space?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When I got my dog 4 years ago as a pup, I had my students, about 100 of them, all suggest names for her. I wrote them all down on a piece of paper, used a photo of the then 5 week-old pup on my computer's desktop, then over the next few weeks I crossed off names that didnt seem right. It came down to two names, Penny or Sadie. I went with Penny. She just looked like a Penny.

It takes time to figure out the right name. You may want to spend time with her before making your final decision, perhaps her personality will help you decide...but you will come up with the right name. I agree a one or two syllable name is best.

Border Collies are beautiful...high energy, super intelligent working dogs.

She was adopted a week ago and her former owner forgot to take down the ad :(

that's ok...there are plenty of dogs available for adoption out there at all times.

Agreed! Take a walk through a high kill shelter! I bet you'll find several dogs who want to be your new best friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom