Goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can two ryukin goldfish and one black moor goldfish live in a 20-29 gallon ?

I have a goldfish which is almost black when I got him I had him almost 6 months now and his color is changing he is turn orange

ForumRunner_20130826_223317.jpg

My friend had 7 comet goldfish, the tiny feeders that r 13 cents at most places. Well, in a 245 gallon long tank they are now each between 10-16 inches from tiny one inch goldies.

My friend had 7 comet goldfish, the tiny feeders that r 13 cents at most places. Well, in a 245 gallon long tank they are now each between 10-16 inches from tiny one inch goldies.

That's awesome , and ya they get HUGE

How do you know if your goldfish is pregnant and will gold fish mate with different goldfish like a mixed couple

Goldfish don't get pregnant. The pair spawns and the female scatters fertilized eggs in the water.

Yes, if you mix different types of goldfish together, they will spawn. That's one good reason not to do it. Another is that if you have the more streamlined commons or comets, a male can kill a female fancy goldfish with spawning behavior. You'll see the male trying to head-butt the female into position for mating. Depending on what types of decorations you have in the tank, that can be dangerous.

In my pond this spring, my male ryukin head-butted the female ryukin into the plants, so I didn't see any injuries to either.

If I think that is going on should I put the pair in a different tank with nothing in there for a while so I can watch and see what's happening

See that swollen stomach on that goldfish its getting bigger and bigger and he is eating all the peas by the way what kind of goldfish is that he is very active and healthy

ForumRunner_20130902_115942.jpg

update;
my fish are on the bottom

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1399384344769.jpg
    1399384344769.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom