Need help with small 100g pond.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stumpy041486

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey

ive got a small 100 gallon pond and the water keeps turning green....is there anyway i can keep the water clean? i have a pump and filter that i got from wal mart in it...im sure there is probably a better filter i need....so what do i need to do?

thanx

First..I would suggest you read the thread in this forum. Its titled something like "a good starting point for begginers who want pond plants." It will explain why you have green water.

There are two solutions to green water. Plants...or a UV sterilizer. Basically it cooks the algae and kills it. They run about 150.00 on line for the size you would need.

Check out that thread and let us know if you have any more questions. :wink:

Clear Water

Hi

I had had a pond for a few years now and only this year I found a way to keep my water crystal clear. I went to PetSmart and found 2 products that are used together. The first is Pond Care ACCU-CLEAR Pond Clarifier followed by Pond Care POND-ZYME plus. It really works well. I use it weekly after I clean the pump and filter. Give it a try, you might be surprised.

Trisha

I have a 100 gallon pond and also experienced the same.I did use the accuclear but the algae was out of control.Like squishyfish said and I also found it to be true ;establishing plants in the pond will help a great deal. At the start of the next season I had the plants in and experienced no or little algae.They do in fact aid in cleaning the water.

Back
Top Bottom