Ph Lvls for goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trioracles

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm a little confused on what ppl say about the ph Lvls in a goldfish tank. What's the best ph for goldfish? Is higher the ph the better?

So let's say if I have max alkaline ph , is that good or bad?

Welcome! What numbers are you seeing for ph, gh and kh for your tap water and tank water? What are you using to test these with (liquid or strips)? Some more info will help us to help you better! :)

[QU OTE=Trioracles;2793319]I'm a little confused on what ppl say about the ph Lvls in a goldfish tank. What's the best ph for goldfish? Is higher the ph the better?[/QUOTE]

For goldfish, I wouldn't worry about chasing a specific pH. It will be better for the fish if u kept a constant pH instead ( makes your life a lot easier too)

I haven't got them just, I'm just setting it up. I have some rocks that will raise my ph Lvls and i was just wondering if it's ok for them to be in high ph. If I take out the rocks, it will become normal.

I haven't got them just, I'm just setting it up. I have some rocks that will raise my ph Lvls and i was just wondering if it's ok for them to be in high ph. If I take out the rocks, it will become normal.

What exactly do you consider 'normal'? What are the numbers for your tap and tank? What is 'normal' for my fish is very different than what is 'normal' for someone who keeps discus. We really need more information
in respect to your numbers for ph, kh and gh for both your tank and your tap in order to advise you better. :)

Right now it's like 6.8 - 7.0 tap water and when I put my calcite in, it raises to 7.6. In worst case scenario, I just want to know how comfortable will my future goldfish be if it ever goes above 7.6.

Right now it's like 6.8 - 7.0 tap water and when I put my calcite in, it raises to 7.6. In worst case scenario, I just want to know how comfortable will my future goldfish be if it ever goes above 7.6.

Goldfish will be fine with higher pH. U can actually test your pH beyond 7.6. Personally I wouldn't add any rocks or sharp/rough ornaments to a goldfish tank because they may tear or injure themselves accidentally.

Goldfish will be fine with higher pH. U can actually test your pH beyond 7.6. Personally I wouldn't add any rocks or sharp/rough ornaments to a goldfish tank because they may tear or injure themselves accidentally.

Ohh ok Tyvm!

Back
Top Bottom