What kind of Pleco do I have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeirdreHoyle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi Guys,
I've had my pleco for about 8 months and I don't know what kind it is. It is currently in a 5 gallon tank w/my betta while my 30 gallon finishes cycling. It is 2-3 inches long.

Attachments

• AliG1.jpg
    AliG1.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 121
  • AliG2.jpg
    AliG2.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 116
  • AliG3.jpg
    AliG3.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 102
Hi Guys,
I've had my pleco for about 8 months and I don't know what kind it is. It is currently in a 5 gallon tank w/my betta while my 30 gallon finishes cycling. It is 2-3 inches long.

It could be a sailfin but it doesnt hage he same round blotch pattern. I had one similar but cant remember the name of it right now. Either way it gets quiet large. To big for a 30. Beautiful fish!

Agree with sailfish he's gonna need a bare minimum of a 90 gallon soon. A 125 would be much better.

That's a shame. That happens way to much peopled rally should research before just buying plecs. Thinking they are algae eaters.

Oh wow really? Does stunted mean he won't live as long? Dang :( When I bought him at the store they told me he was an algae eater. Would you suggest re-homing him?

That's a shame. That happens way to much peopled rally should research before just buying plecs. Thinking they are algae eaters.

Most people do not understand the hobby as we do and trust the lps because they are the "experts". They have no reason not to trust them. So a better statement would be lps and lfs employees should ensure they are giving proper advice on the homing of plecos.

Most people do not understand the hobby as we do and trust the lps because they are the "experts". They have no reason not to trust them. So a better statement would be lps and lfs employees should ensure they are giving proper advice on the homing of plecos.

That was better that's what I meant sorry that came out sort of offensive to people.

Thanks guys. I really love my pleco, I didn't know they get so huge. Definitely won't make that mistake again.

Back
Top Bottom