African clawed frogs & goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harrietac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I currently have an 80L tank with 1 medium size goldfish and a small African clawed frog and was looking to introduce something else didn’t the tank as the tank is so big .
Any advice on what can be added ? I know the frogs are known to be aggressive however this frog has never bothered with the goldfish or the other way around . They were sold together in the same tank at the pet shop .
Thank you

African clawed frogs can get the size of a hand and will trying to eat anything they think they can fit in their mouth, goldfish get pretty big and create a lot of waste, I would suggest separating them before something happens and looking and getting a bigger tank for the goldfish. What kind of goldfish is it?

African clawed frogs can get the size of a hand and will trying to eat anything they think they can fit in their mouth, goldfish get pretty big and create a lot of waste, I would suggest separating them before something happens and looking and getting a bigger tank for the goldfish. What kind of goldfish is it?

Good advice.

~~
Although they might need similar temperature of water, their lives and needs are different. That frog will be able to eat the GF at some point. And as what fits in their mouth will be food, their mouths can open MUCH larger than we really think. At some point it could be the tail of the fish sticking out of the ACF's mouth. It is heart sickening when the fish is your pet.

But it is the ACF's nature, and how he eats / lives.

Back
Top Bottom