Created Gecko habitat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gemach7

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440322440.052775.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440322456.786198.jpg

In tank:
1 male crested gecko
1 weeping fig
Colony of tropic springtails

Test setup is 1 layer clay, screen, botanical garden soil mix, moss and pieces of magnolia leaves.

He is 1.5 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's awesome! I'm actually debating turning my 10 gallon into a crested gecko tank, only thing holding me back is the need for a planted tank! I like yours though, you definitely included the vertical part of the habitat that the geckos need.

That's awesome! I'm actually debating turning my 10 gallon into a crested gecko tank, only thing holding me back is the need for a planted tank! I like yours though, you definitely included the vertical part of the habitat that the geckos need.

A single juvenile will work in a 10 gallon if stood upright. For an adult something taller would my preference. Planted terrariums are easier than planted tank imo.
I use 2 compact fluorescent 6500k bulbs and have to trim the fig tree about every 3 months.
Buy descent soil will save a lot of headaches, Josh's Frogs I find has the best value/quality.
Need a drainage layer before then a screen to block soil from going into the cracks. Moss helps hold the moisture. And leaf litter gives hiding places.

Springtails help the gecko waste turn into materials the plant can use. Cleaning wise I really only wipe down the glass and use a spray bottle to dislodge dropping from leaves, decor or sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I will get a pic of my leopard gecko, i believe he is considered a hypo with a partial carrot tail? Not sure though :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I will get a pic of my leopard gecko, i believe he is considered a hypo with a partial carrot tail? Not sure though :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Oh my goodness I want to see!! I have a albino female and a mack snow male I belive I'm not sure! I'm trying to find a good place online to buy a female to breed with him my albino is to small I think! I really want one with a big tail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1447334900004.jpg
    1447334900004.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 1447334925770.jpg
    1447334925770.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom