Musk turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skorpio94

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but I've made an unexpected purchase of a 3ft fish tank that comes with a musk turtle, this will be the first ever turtle I've owned and would like some advice on giving it the proper care he needs, done a bit of research online but the information I'm getting is a bit contradicting regarding the lighting it requires ECT... thanks!

Hi there. While he will spend the majority of his time in the water, he does need some sort of land area with a heat lamp over it for basking. In addition to heat, you will also need a UV light. I prefer the t8 bulbs that go across the whole tank so wherever he is, he can still get his UV rays which is essential to his health. Turtles are very messy, so filtration is a must as well. What other kind of info were you looking for?

Thankyou! what % uv is recommended and basking temps/water temps? I also have a tank with a 7 inch oscar in it but I heard the turtle might get attacked?? But the turtle is around 5 inches I've been told

Basking temps should be around 90 degrees. I wouldn't worry too much about the water temperature.

Back
Top Bottom