120g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I have finally bought sand/rock and filked my display for the most part. Needless to say, I am now broke and have to wait until next Friday (payday) for anything else to do with my tank. I'm really excited to finally have water going in this thing it has taken what seems like forever. Now for my question, I have about 20-30g to add but not enough reef crystals. I have old regular salt I can get by with to just fill it all the way and get the system fully functional and cycle, does salt go bad? Should I just keep adding water and let salinity suffer??

This is the tank to show the water line. I have a baffled 40g sump/fuge that is currently dry

Attachments

• image-2066897444.jpg
    image-2066897444.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 103
That's a good question. Really only one way to find out.. It all depends on how the sand was stored. You have to be more descriptive on your questions to get responses.. Cheers

I think the salt should be fine if you're just using it once for this. Congrats on the tank! Looking good so far. What are you plans as far as stocking, reef or FOWLR, etc.?

I think the salt should be fine if you're just using it once for this. Congrats on the tank! Looking good so far. What are you plans as far as stocking, reef or FOWLR, etc.?

Ya I ended up needing more anyways but ill figure that out tomorrow. I have it up and running at least! For now it's at .014. Thank you! I'm going reef, I have a 20g I've had up for a while now, gonna be a tad bit of an upgrade. I'm sitting here fidgeting with the drain to match my pump I don't want a flood! I'm not entirely set on a stock list. I have a few musts though (harlequin tusk, and marine betta) other than those, ill have to decide!

Oh yeah just a tad bit more space. Wow those are awesome fish. Maybe be an engineer goby or snowflake eel would be cool too. And some type of wrasse like melanurus or bluehead.

Oh yeah just a tad bit more space. Wow those are awesome fish. Maybe be an engineer goby or snowflake eel would be cool too. And some type of wrasse like melanurus or bluehead.

Ya I'm considering a goby of some sort. I would get an eel but I have a scooter blenny that could be in danger so I can't. I have a lot of considering and researching to do beforehand so I can get it done right the first time with no troubles. Ill definitely keep this thread updated

I'm at the diatom stage in the cycle. I haven't been testing (I know shame on me) but I'm guessing that ill be ready to start transferring in a week? After a test and passing of all parameters of course.

Attachments

• image-2746318701.jpg
    image-2746318701.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom