Wassup my aquarist homies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldnShowrKilli

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I feel a little out of my element here, but have already found a wealth of knowledge that has helped me on my current project of building a 20g tall with a 10g sump. I'm not exactly new to the hobby but I haven't even begun to think about the saline world yet. I have a fully planted 55g long a 37 gallon blackwater tank and am setting up my 20g tall with a 10g sump, as well as being a hybrid of a under gravel filter as well (so the planned 2 rear corner uplift tubes would join (or not depending on flow loss) and dump into a sock and then all the gadgets n gizmos can go in the 10g and I'll have to figure out an output that doesn't disturb the crap out of the surface as i plan on using water lettuce which in my experience has a root system which does not appreciate getting blown all over the tank) p.s. didja see what i did there with my username...haha if I can work this right ill attach a picture of my golden wonder killi male.

Attachments

• PXL_20231014_171722972.jpg
    PXL_20231014_171722972.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 34
Welcome to the community. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about what you are getting up to.
Thanks bud, appreciate it. DIY n building stuff has always kinda been my thing so when the aquarium obsession began I realized that I'm gonna have to figure out how to get from point a to b the long way....(ie. Instead of a breeder box to separate the mother guppy from her fry I just used plastic canvas for yarn.... needlepoint ?? What is that even called anyway?....sewed up the corners with fishing line to make a box and binder clipped said box to the tank. Bam, diy baby guppy collander

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:
Haha...to be honest this is the second group I now belong to that go by the same..... anagram(technically na, sanebl )? Is that what them things are called? My brain says it doesn't sound right �� I appreciate the welcome. Might think that's tmi, but oh well I ain't ashamed and it's a perfect segway into the reason I swan dove down the aquaculture rabbit hole. I've gone through a metric ton of stuff in the past 2 years or so, divorce she got my house of 15 years, no job...THE ONLY reason I would even open my eyes some days is to watch my fish. Now I've got a fully planted dirt/blasting abrasive cap 55 & 10, 20tall with w custom plenum, 1 lift stack with my power head driving the ugf flow as well as my own redneck co2 injection and I'm now I'm working the kinks out of my plan to use a 10g and retrofit it into the best sump for my needs. K I rambled enough, deuces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the group!!! Sounds like you know plenty already. Pretty Killi.

Show off some tanks. Interested to hear about the black water tank! Post about it (when you have time), make a new thread and post the link here so I can check it out.

Back
Top Bottom