1st Water Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I just did my first water change....and i am TERRIFIED that i'm going to wake up tomorrow to dead fish....i dont know why....i'm just scared.

i forgot to add the dechlorinator before adding the new water, but i added it right after i added the new water....will I be ok!?

OH MY GOODNESS I'M TERRIFIED!

When did you mix your salt? Remember that most people recommend aeration after mixing for 24-48 hrs, at which point the chlorine would probably no longer be an issue - not necessarily true for the nitrates and phosphates which may be present in your water if you're not using RO/DI water.

Good luck!!!

Hey all, i woke up to two still living clowns...PHEW. Thank goodness...these fish are like my children now!

I never added declor when I was using tap water for my tank. My salt always mixed for at least 24 hrs before I used it though so the chlorine had all but dissipated. It is nerve wrecking the first time though. Glad to hear that they survived!

If you did the change yesterday you should get accurate results today. I've tested in as short as a couple of hours when I was worried about my parms.

Whatcha lookin' fur?

Back
Top Bottom