29 gal bio cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pnut52

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I was talking about getting a bio cube and this weekend one popped up on craigslist with stand, live rock, sand, black starfish, emerald carb, clownfish and a sailfin tang. I no the sailfin is way to big for the tank so planing on putting him in one of my bigger tanks. It came with a heater and power head. Do I need to put the protein skimmer or uv sterilizer in it? Also what kind of fish load could go in the tank once I get the sailfin out?

With a tank that small, you should be good with pwc's to remove the organic compounds. A skimmer would be optional depending on bioload etc. As for the UV sterilizer, it's up to you. Some folks swear by them, some folks never touch them. In a healthy 29g tank you could definitely have 3-4 fish in there depending on size etc. I've never run a nano before; so i'm not totally sure. Hopefully someone else can chime in and give an opinion on the bio load.

Ok that's about what I thought. I think once I get the sailfin out I'll wait a lil while and add maybe two other small fish of some sorts for a total of three. What about clean up crew?

Back
Top Bottom