55 gal. LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

batfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all. Thanks so much for all the help !! Back from vacation and ready to get started. The tank has been full of non-salt water with a power filter running no filter pads with carbon. Heater is stable at 78. Later on I will add a refugium but not now. Will this work, Going to add salt today and get that stable. Then start adding LR, I understand 1.5 to 2 lbs. per gal. but in a 55 it is so narrow that that much would look like all rock. Anyway here is the questions, first, the rock I will be getting is uncured. So I will add rock a little at a time due to $$ I understand the tank will start to cycle thats fine. Say it does complete the cycle. Can I add more uncured rock later ( still no fish ) . Will adding uncured rock to cured rock hurt anything ?? Will it be okay to add the refugium at a later date ?? Again thanks so much for the help !!!!

You can do 50/50 BR&LR to save $$$. The coralines and other "live" stuffs on the LR will eventually take over the BR. Most LFS sell BR $2/#, but you can always do the bargain. :)

It will cycle every time you add uncured LR. you'll be cycling for months! Other than this, it won't hurt the LR to add more uncured.

agreed with the BR suggestion.

yes, you can add the fuge later

Back
Top Bottom