55 stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishybuisness

Aquarium Advice Freak
So im thinking of stocking options for my 55

I have
2 oc clowns
Royal gramma
Firefish
Lawnmower

Fish on my radar:
Yellow tang ____________
Blue tang------------------ pick two tangs ( I have a definate plan for when they get large in a few years)
Powder blue tang_________
Coral beauty one or the other angelfish
Bi color angel----------------------
Six line wrasse
Some sort of goby (yellow prawn)
3 blue reef chromis
Cleaner wrasse

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tangs are open water swimmers and have an abysmal success rate in tanks under 6ft long. And even then, it is usually only one.
Similar news on the dwarf angaels on the coral beauty and bi-color angel. They need space to avoid aggression and a 55 won't cut it.
The other fish on your list sound pretty solid, the cleaner wrasse can be hard to keep up with the constant feeding they require...

Not trying to sound like a Debby Downer, just don't want to lead you down a path of failure. I have a 55 reef and think it is a great tank...though once you get one started you always want to go bigger! Feel free to ask anything you want, I'll give what assistance I can.

So you dont recommend either of the angelfish? Do you have any recommendations on fish simular to the tangs and angels I want a few show (larger) fish in the tank

I think one of the dwarfs would be fine but I agree with hank on the tangs.

No, your all lying..tell me what I want to hear!! Hehe jk. Ok you think I can get away with 2 dwarfs? Also any suggestions on what I can replace the tangs with?

Fit all the tangs!!!
kuB8bBG.jpg

Jk haha I think 2 dwarfs would fight. It may work but that's like a tiny chance. Uh tang like hmm. Maybe not tang like but fairy wrasses are stunning and not really small

A coral beauty is a great fit in a 55 fowlr tank. I agree with wrasses as well. In terms of larger fish, I keep a marine betta in mine that does well with all the places to hide.

you guys think its too late to add a purple firefish in existence with my well established regular firefish?

I think you'd be fine. They're the most peaceful sw fish I've ever seen

Back
Top Bottom