8x2.5x2 reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm setting up my big tank finally. I had a 6x2 as a sump but I cracked it while moving it. I'm getting a 4x2 sump to replace it in the next week or so. Will be running cheap LEDs over the tank till I can afford a better system. Skimmer is an aqua excel external one it stands about 4ft high. I have 2 gyres to put in it and a siccie sdc return pump. Will upload pics in the next week or so

I was devastated. I got the tank for a steal too. Complete set up for $700 I got a 4x2 on a stand with it as well I sold that and put a sump under it as a complete package and the tank had a snowflake eel and a wobby gong shark as well and I traded them into a shop for store credit I have made the money back already so that's awesome

What cheap lights are you using and what is your long term light plan?

I think they were reef grow LEDs or something? I'm going to get a 5ft t5 and just supplement it with LEDs on either end for now.

Still in the process of setting it all up. I built a new steel stand for it and just have to paint it. Need some timber for the base and top. Then some foam. I bought 2 5ft red sea t5 lights so will get new globes soon. Was going to use LEDs but decided against it

I leak tested it for a week it held water fine then when I drained it and it sat for a few days I came outside and it was cracked all through the base was pretty guttered. I picked up a 6x2.5.1.5 tho so will be my new frag system as I've just started an aquarium maintenance business

It's awesome some of the stuff we get. I may or may not have got a new system.... and it may or may not be a 10x4x2.1/2 it needs some work but I think it's going to be awesome20220502_062446.jpg20220502_062438.jpg

Back
Top Bottom