Anemone & corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexRoerden

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently I had added 2 peppermint shrimp to my 8 month old fluval flex 13.5 gal. For about 2 weeks they kept walking in my corals and my corals would never open up. Yesturday I did a watwr change and added a bubble tip anemone to the tank at fist it attached to the rock and ingulfed itself. I carefully peeled it off and moved its spot but joe it won’t attach to a rock. Did I kill it by stressing it out to much? The corals still Haven’t opened up and now I am wondering if there’s an issue with my water because my reef lobster as well as 2 snails died. Phosphate, Amonia are all good. Nitrate at 20 ppm. Also the anemone has a slime like goo coming off.image-2021-12-29-21:10:53-402.jpg

If none of your corals are open and your nem looks like that, you likely have an issue. What are your full parameters:
Alk
Cal
Mag
PO4
NO3
Ammo
Trite
Salinity
Temp

Anemone & corals

That doesn’t look like a bubble tip to me. I’ve never seen one with that color foot. Like flaxon said water Params may help diagnose an issue. Peeling it off the rock is a bad idea. You could have damaged the foot. Nems will move around until they find a happy spot.

Back
Top Bottom