another lighting...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that on your 46g tank or is this for another tank? I have all of those gowing in my nano tank that has 20w of CF lighting. The tank is only 10" tall though. I also have all of them in my 72g reef that has 570w of lighting......

All of those corals will appreciate more lighting than that. They are pretty much moderate light pieces, more so than low light. Have you thought about upgrading to VHO or T5 fluorescents? That would open up many more options, and provide better over all results w/ just about everything. If your interested in keeping coral, it would be well worth it.

ziggy- yes its for my 46.

MT79- i would like to get more lightning,but whenever i go to LFS the highest thing they have is 35 watt 14,000k. do u guys order them online or something?

I always get my equipment online. It is much cheaper, assuming you can even find what your looking for, than at the LFS's- near me at least. Hellolights.com has great products and good prices. Premiumaquatics.com has always had good prices also, and happens to be a sponsor of this site. If you buy online, be sure to shop around. It's amazing the price differences between different sites. If your a DIY person, you may want to look at retro kits to save even more $$. HTH

90% of my equipment has come from online sources...ebay is great and hellolights.com I've ordered a lot from hellolights.com. Excellent service too!!

thank you. i will order that. do these blulbs look good? opinions please.

URI aquasun 10,000k VHO
URI super actinic VHO
URI actinic white 50/50 VHO

how do u get those in a hood though? i really dont wanna hang them.

you will need a reflector also.....they wont go in a normal hood you will have to either modify what you have or build a new one....

Back
Top Bottom