Aquareef 200 lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndiH011

Aquarium Advice Activist
I all,

Is any one familiar with the Aquareef? The lighting has 2 daylight 1 T5 blue and a White light that sits over the back of the. Aquarium on the sump I have also inherited some moonlight LED's

My question is do I turn all of the lights off of a night and leave the moonlights on or do I keep the blue T5 and the sump light on as well (they are on the same fitting)

Many thanks

Andi

You don't want to leave any lights on at night, except maybe something simulating moon lighting. You don't need blue lighting over the sump. if I'm reading this correctly, this is a refugium fixture that has a blue lamp in it? I would change it out for another daylight lamp if so.

mr_X said:
You don't want to leave any lights on at night, except maybe something simulating moon lighting. You don't need blue lighting over the sump. if I'm reading this correctly, this is a refugium fixture that has a blue lamp in it? I would change it out for another daylight lamp if so.

Hi Mr X thanks for the reply,

I have a daylight fixture over the refugium but the fixture also serves the blue over the DT (the sump is located behind the DT)

I will turn them all off from now on during the night and leave the moonlights on.

Is it natural for the goniapora to shrink when the lights are switch from day to night? It doesn't last for long. I'm guessing this is a natural defence

Thanks for your valid input.

I have never really paid attention. I have kept a few goniopora and alveopora, colonies, but not for very long. You are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom