Fluval Flex 57l/15g lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moeftie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone,

so i have the fluval flex 57l/15g and im using the stock lighting, i was wondering what color i should put the select few RGB lights on.

Blue? Red? Green? Or a mixture like Purple?

This stock light works with a remote control, u can sadly only have 1 color on alongside the white LED's.

My plants:

- Limnophila Australis
- Rotundifolia H'ra
- Staurogyne Repens
- Taxiphyllum Alternans
- Bucephalandra Kedagang
- Bucephalandra Pygmaea 'Bukit Kelam'
- Bucephalandra Brownie Purple
- Anubias Nana Petite
- Micranthemum Monte Carlo

Greetings,

James

Ive got the same tank. You just need the white light on. White light is a mix of other light wavelengths and the coloured RGB LEDs are just for effect. They are such low intensity and in such a narrow wavelength band to offer zero benefit to your plants.

If adding any of the RGB LEDs improves the appearance of whats in your tank in any way then turn one on. The green might show off your plants a little better. Red or blue might make a red or blue fish pop out a little more. Personally i cant really tell much difference with them on or off, so i just stick to the white light on its own.

The stock light with just the white on is good for low demand plants. If anything its a little too much light for the size of tank.

I just use the white light like Aiken, I'm still convinced soem of the lights make my fish go crazy lol

Haley

Back
Top Bottom