Aquatic Gardens slat mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been seeing a brand of salt called Aquatic Gardens premium salt mix in my local Petco. It's $49.99 for a 150 gallon mix and is clearly listed as a product of China. Meanwhile the 160 gallon mix of Instant Ocean sits right next to it for $62.99. I'm a little leery. It seems to me salt is one area in this hobby where you wouldn't to skimp. Has anyone tried this stuff?

I've never tried it, but I paid $31.99 for the 160G of IO salt from drsfosterandsmith.com
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=4856&N=2004+113009
I am not sure if they still do, but when I ordered, they didn't charge extra for weight.
Maybe you could buy a small bag of the other stuff and mix it and test it, to see if it is worth it.
I did a quick google on it and couldn't find much, other than it's sold at Petsmart. Maybe someone else may have used it...

petsmart is 31.99 on the internet and will price match in the store, just take a printed copy of the page with you.

Back
Top Bottom