argggggggghhhh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well i've been waiting for my pistol shrimp and my white ray shrimp goby to pair up now for a month or two. well this morning i woke up and they pair up all right. yeah the shrimp had the goby gut in half and now i get to watch him eat it. i am so pi$$ed. that was one of my favorite fish. i just don't get it. they were paired up at the lfs.

Sorry for the loss! I was going to pick up a mated pair yesterday. Now im re thinking the idea. Maybe you could tell the lfs that the pair was obviously NOT mated and see if they can give you a discount on the next purchase.

Wow, that really stinks!! I'd definately complain to the LFS. I have a pistol shrimp and want to get a goby to pair up with it. I didn't realize that pistols would kill a fish and eat it?!

yep sucks really really bad. they were a pair at the lfs cause i went into watch them at the store a couple of times before i bought them. but when i put them in my tank they would never stay together. now all the sudden my pistol is digging EVERYWHERE and i saw him and the goby in the same whole. i thought GREAT they are finally going to pair up. wake up the next morning to watch my pistol eat a very expensive meal. :puppydogeyes:

Are you sure it was him that killed the fish? I'm assuming it was him too, but is there any chance somebody else killed him and then the pistol was just eating him?

yeah i'm sure. cause there isn't anything else in the tank that would have been around. and since the tank is in my room i can honestly say that i did notice the pistol snapping his pincher an aweful lot. which leads me to believe it was him. other than that in the tank there is a clown, brittle star, peppermint shrimp and snailis. so i don't know? it just urks me.

Back
Top Bottom