best way to put a fish in a salt water tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed them with no light on though cause I. Was told leave the light off for 4 hours. And the room kinda dark but not to dark

they seem to be kinda swimming I. The middle of the tank but the power seem to look like its pushing them around alittle but scared to turn my light on cause only been in the tank for 3 hours and it kinda dark in the room beside a tv on. Was going to wait til tomorrow morrow to turn the light on to see and hope there not die cause I have no luck with any fish in this tank and getting mad.

So both damsels die and I can't figure out y or how. I have no luck with getting fish to live in this tank. When it was a fresh water tank it was fine now its salt and they die

Ok you have some other problem that is causing the fish to die, it is not your acclimation. How are you testing? Something is not right here. Damsels should live no problem even without acclimation.

Forget about the acclimation, something else is wrong. Do you have a lid? Surface agitation? What test kit? How did you cycle the tank?

I have the api master test kit. I got 30 gallons of ro water and I got 5 gallon bucket of living aquarium salt. I mixed 3 cups of salt per 5 gallon. I didn't have a lid the first time but then I made a custom lid out of plexiglass. Mean I have like white mildew like growing on my live rock. Was told its fine

Mean me and my lfs test my water and both say its fine and can't see why fish won't live in my tank cause I don't even get a day with them

Was almost ready to buy new live rock. Mean first time I was told maybe I have poison water. So I drain the tank all the way water tank and all in vinger. But I had save my live rock. Was told put in a big. Tube with a power head and ro water with a salinity level of 1:025. And switch from crush coral to sand

Think thebman made rock I have could have something wrong with it cause I have 20 pounds of live rock and 6 pounds of man made rock

honeysuckle11 said:
I have the api master test kit. I got 30 gallons of ro water and I got 5 gallon bucket of living aquarium salt. I mixed 3 cups of salt per 5 gallon. I didn't have a lid the first time but then I made a custom lid out of plexiglass. Mean I have like white mildew like growing on my live rock. Was told its fine

I bet you $100 it's the salt
You have to use marine salt not aquarium salt
Also, do you have a heater?

If so what do I go about doing to change it out? That mean everything I have is no good? Cause I have 2 5bgallon buckets of it I got cheap cause the guy was going out of business

honeysuckle11 said:
If so what do I go about doing to change it out? That mean everything I have is no good? Cause I have 2 5bgallon buckets of it I got cheap cause the guy was going out of business

Just get new salt to mix in like Instant Ocean
Also make sure you heat the water to match tank temp
Be sure the salt container says Marine Salt

Will my live rock and sand be fine? Do I have to re cycle my whole tank? Do I need to drain the whole tank or switch little by little?

So kinda make it like a water chage and cycle out some much water and change with new water and salt. The 2 salts mixing won't mess anything up? How much should I do and let it run before addin fish?

I can but I'm at work right not but the salt is called living a sea aquarium salt. In a white bucket and letters all colorful

Just can't figure out how everything dies and my levels are fine. What's the different between marine and aquarium salt?

Ive never heard of that salt so im doubting its marine salt. That could very well be the entire problem.

A search for "living sea aquarim salt" coms up with the name of a store in Chicago. My bet is also on the salt being the culprit.

And no mention about circulation. What kind of pump and filtration do you have? Low dissolved oxygen levels could also be the culprit.

I'm still betting on the salt however.

Steve

Hey everyone so I took the salt I had to the lfs last night and they said that it was the right but that the salt had a weird funny smell to it. That the salt name was the name of the store that went out of business. So they said to do a compete tear down and start over. So that's what I did all last night. Thank u guys for all ur help I let u know how I make out when I go to try fish again. Thank u all again

Back
Top Bottom