Bill's Intro to the Reef - 5 Gallon Rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be a similar setup, without the relay. You could just get a submersible pump, have it in a bucket of water, the tube run to the mister, then put the pump on a timer for when you want it to come on... I think...? :lol: not sure how long lizards have to be "misted." Not sure if it would burn up the pump motor, either.

It would be a similar setup, without the relay. You could just get a submersible pump, have it in a bucket of water, the tube run to the mister, then put the pump on a timer for when you want it to come on... I think...? :lol: not sure how long lizards have to be "misted." Not sure if it would burn up the pump motor, either.

Its an old lifeguard aquatics pump that's super strong. They need misted every 3 to 4 hours for the humidity I believe. This is my first lizard and I never thought it woild lay eggs!

It started to puff up along the edges earlier, just checked on it and looks like crap again... Shoulda stuck with only zoas... Bad idea throwing LPS in there... I'm sure it'll open eventually... Or die.

EDIT: yeah, told the guy what snails I wanted and he was like "oh here, I'll throw you together a $20 cleaner package." And proceeded to throw a bunch of crap in I didn't really want... Haha

EDIT EDIT: no wait, it was less than 20 bucks... I forgot but yeah it went something like that... :lol:

Last edited:
It started to puff up along the edges earlier, just checked on it and looks like crap again... Shoulda stuck with only zoas... Bad idea throwing LPS in there... I'm sure it'll open eventually... Or die.

EDIT: yeah, told the guy what snails I wanted and he was like "oh here, I'll throw you together a $20 cleaner package." And proceeded to throw a bunch of crap in I didn't really want... Haha

I hope it makes it. Zoas are cool but variety is better.

That sucks. I'd a Ben like nope keep this keep that if I'm payin for it I'm gettin what I want not what you wanna sell me. But I'm a douc%# when it comes to poor customer service.

I hope it makes it. Zoas are cool but variety is better.

That sucks. I'd a Ben like nope keep this keep that if I'm payin for it I'm gettin what I want not what you wanna sell me. But I'm a douc%# when it comes to poor customer service.

Haha believe me, I did, but I did choose to bring a few things home he suggested.

So you dont like the coral plugs? lol (i hate them) You can remove them by cutting the coral at the base with a razor cut as close to the plug as you can then glue to the rock I use super glue gel,keep in mind it sets fast in saltwater.
Wear rubber gloves and some safety glasses as they can squirt there toxins. stuff is no joke :nono:

So you dont like the coral plugs? lol (i hate them) You can remove them by cutting the coral at the base with a razor cut as close to the plug as you can then glue to the rock I use super glue gel,keep in mind it sets fast in saltwater.
Wear rubber gloves and some safety glasses as they can squirt there toxins. stuff is no joke :nono:

Okay, cool! That's pretty much what I've been reading, just wanted to confirm with someone on here. Yeah, I've read some crazy stories about zoas and their toxins... Guess I have to decide where to put them now! :D

That made me laugh enough to wake up my wife lol :hide:

Uh oh! Whoops! I hope she wasn't mad... :hide:

Back
Top Bottom