Bill's Intro to the Reef - 5 Gallon Rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also have some tan/light green slimy looking stuff growing in a few spots, but I guess all that is good to keep my CUC fed. I still need to get around to picking up the rest of my CUC so this stuff doesn't get out of hand.

I'm seriously loving this little tank! I sit on my bed and just stare... It's awesome how simple the set up is, yet how complex and abundant the life that begins to grow inside... I'm fascinated. :D

That's what is so addicting about saltwater. :) I'm glad you love it. I think it's a really neat little tank! I also get that tan/light green algae sometimes. I'm not too sure what it is but it never seems to hang around for very long.

That's what is so addicting about saltwater. :) I'm glad you love it. I think it's a really neat little tank! I also get that tan/light green algae sometimes. I'm not too sure what it is but it never seems to hang around for very long.

Thanks! I do love it, I just wish I wasn't broke right now so I could go buy some more fun stuff for the tank! Haha

He may have molted and you may have found the the old shell they will hide for a day or two until the new shell hardens

Haha...dumpster diving...LoL...

Nah, I'm almost positive it was him... He was up on that spot in the morning when I got home from work... I took a nap in the afternoon with my son and woke up to the scene in the picture. I felt terrible cuz I was gonna feed him before we took our nap, but totally forgot about it... I have a bad feeling that's why he died... I hadn't target fed him in a couple days, I was trying to encourage him to scavenge and pick at the algae, which I'll probably never do again... Poor guy was probably hungry... :(

Nah, I'm almost positive it was him... He was up on that spot in the morning when I got home from work... I took a nap in the afternoon with my son and woke up to the scene in the picture. I felt terrible cuz I was gonna feed him before we took our nap, but totally forgot about it... I have a bad feeling that's why he died... I hadn't target fed him in a couple days, I was trying to encourage him to scavenge and pick at the algae, which I'll probably never do again... Poor guy was probably hungry... :(

Sorry to hear that bill. Sometimes it happens. Then we live and learn and make things better

Haven't looked at your thread for a while, but your tank is looking nice. Cute corals. Sorry to hear about your crab. Losing something in a pico is prob. a much bigger deal since it takes so much more space (if that makes sense..).

Dont beat yourself we all lose some things if you stay in it long enough :(

Thanks grizz, it's just a bummer cuz I feel I could've prevented it.

Sorry to hear that bill. Sometimes it happens. Then we live and learn and make things better

Thank you, and yes, I'll definitely learn from my mistakes! :)

Haven't looked at your thread for a while, but your tank is looking nice. Cute corals. Sorry to hear about your crab. Losing something in a pico is prob. a much bigger deal since it takes so much more space (if that makes sense..).

Thank you! haha, yeah I get what you mean. The tank feels empty! I'm going to test params in the morning after work and do a water change. I need to go pick up some rodi from the LFS so I might get a few more critters for my CUC if everything checks out. :D

Back
Top Bottom