Brown, Hair and possibly Cyno algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am having an algea brakeout in my tank and I was wondering what it could be it has been established for 8 months and I have 2 rio 600;s in a 20g long and a protien skimmer as well as cheto. But I am deff. having a lot of algea. I have compact lighting could this be the reason the bulbs are like 8 months old and I am wondering if this is the reason for the outbreak. If you have any info fill me in. I also have a cleaning crew in there with scarlet hermets turbo snails and another kind of snails. And I do not feed because I am redoing my lager tank right now and have my fish being held at the LFS.

Most algae is caused by excess nutrients in the water(phosphates). Are you getting skimmate from the skimmer? What type of water are you using? The lighting may be a factor as after 8 months the light spectrum has changed and may be aiding in the unwanted algae.

I am using RO and yes I am getting skimmage. The reason have it in the 20g long is becuase I am both redoing my 65 gal. tank and I only had 110w and didnt know how my corals would do so I switched them over. I am going to be getting a new light soon however a MH but it came broken and I sent it back for a new one now its misrouted :-\

Back
Top Bottom