Choosing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chasifraz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just set up a 36 gallon saltwater reef tank. All I have now is some snails and hermit crabs. I could use some help picking out fish. Any suggestions? They need to be reef compatible.

Clownfish, six line wrasse, firefish, royal gramma, tiger watchman goby, yellow head jawfish, bangi cardinals and pajama cardinals all nice fish for so,e ideas. Just add slowly when you are stocking

As a side note I'm not totally sure I'm going to end up putting corals and making it a reef tank. What kind of fish could I put in my tank if it just turns out to be a FOWLR tank?

Check out liveaquaria.com They have most fish listed with tank size suggestions, compatibility charts, whether they are reef safe or not and so on. Lots of great ideas. All of the fish listed earlier would be okay in a FOWLR. You are basically not able to add any Angels, Foxface/Rabbitfish, Tangs or Butterflys.

Wrasses, clowns, gobies, damsels, blennies, dartfishes, pretty much anything along those lines. Also, if you can acclimate them right or find them at a store, saltwater mollies are pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom