Cole's Free 28 Nano Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I meant by voltage regulator, couldn't think of what they're normally called:p

Think the inTank media rack is worth it? People seem to really love it.. May order it today

My favorite thing on my biocube was my intank media baskets. lol Made life so much easier and let me run exactly what I needed or wanted to run. Definitely worth the money.

Spot has been cleared and she's in her new home!! :D

Gonna try and ger the sand washed and in the tank today before work! Also the Jury has ruled that the hood has to stay.. So I'll just have to see what the quad cf can do and see what it can support, then make a decisions about a retrofit.

The stock light will support most softies and zoa's It the LPS/SPS that are more light demanding And your going to want the tank mature a bit before adding them anyways

For starting off the stock lights will do fine. As you get more experience you may want to keep higher light corals and then i would look into a different lighting solution.

Well my 20 is almost all SPS, have an open brain, bicolor frogspawn, and some candy canes, other than that it's completely SPS dominate, I have reef breeders on that tank and love them.

That's what I was afraid of with the stock lights..

Well the inTank basket should be here Thursday, still need to order a new bulb. Is there any other retrofits other than rapidLED that y'all know of?

And we're making progress!!

20140215_230807.jpg

Update!

Not much has happened, got a new bulb, took two weeks to get it since the first one I was sent didn't work.. Still waiting for the cycle to drop nitrites then I'm good to go. Not going to take the rocks out of the 5g bucket until the cycle is complete, much easier to change water in 5g than 28g lol.

LOVE the inTank basket!! Think it'd be worth it to run cheato in the bottom of the basket?

Also I've been thinking of stocking options.. I want something that's cool but not super common haha, any ideas on that?

They have an intank fuge basket too, then you can run both. :) Youll need a small light for the fuge though, but they sell one on the intank website for like $12 I think.

Stocking....hmmm...what do YOU like? I like the odd unusual fish as well. I have a citron goby which is kinda different. Liveaquaria has a literal ton of fish to choose from, check the site out if you havent already. Even if you arent buying from them, they are a super great resource for looking at fish and seeing what their requirements are.

I may look into the fuge.. Some of the fish I've put on the choices list are a clown goby, Hectors goby, and the rest are on a list on my computer at home, and after being at work for 15hrs today I can't seem to remember the rest haha

Liveaquaria is my go to place haha, they just have so much its hard to pick from

I know, its like i want everything when I go to that site .lol

Those fish you mentioned are all good choices. :)

The more I look on there the further away I get from actual options haha

I really want a clown goby, everyone says their personality is great, I'm leaning towards the citron most:) the Hector goby I think is just too cool haha. For the life of me I can't think of what else I picked out lol

I haven't found a "free swimming" fish yet though, and I don't want clowns as I have a pair of percs in my 20.

May just do a citon, Hectors, and one other, keep the bioload small, makes everything easier haha

And the rocks have cylced!! :D

Just got everything in the tank, this is my first attempt at the aquascape. I like the idea of a 'U', getting taller in the back and leaving lots of sandbed open. Tell me what you think, I'm always open to criticism:)

Have a new heater on the way, I was given an aqueon pro with the tank, well I had it set on 70 to see where it was truly calibrated at.. Tank went to 94!!!!!!!!! :0
A 125W Eheim Jager is on its way from BRS lol

Attachments

• 20140303_141332.jpg
    20140303_141332.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20140303_144047.jpg
    20140303_144047.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 62
I like the rockscape too. :) I tend to favor the half circle structure too. Just make sure you have room to put a mag float between the rocks and the glass.

Thanks! And I plan on getting one of the vertex mags, probably the duplex. They're so thin, pretty strong, and don't look half bad for an algae magnet:)

Well I tested the tank last night, since the rocks have been in there a bit, Ammo and Trites both tested zero, so I'm ready to add something to the tank once my new heater gets here(scheduled delivery is today!!). Gonna call my LFS and see if they have a clown goby (yellow or citron), that should be a good first fish for the tank. May move a coral over as well, probably a ricordea..

Back
Top Bottom