Conflicting info!! What would YOU do with a 72 Bow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumphead

Aquarium Advice FINatic
:D Greetings all! I am in the process of moving my fw 72 Bow into 2 smaller (30 and 20 gal) tanks so I can set up a reef in the big one. The smaller tanks are cycling now. I have gotten some conflicting information on good filtration and skimming vs. large refugium vs. the use of BOTH! Also information on drilling vs. overflow. Even information on HOT refugiums. I have found that only bottom in tempered so drilling is an option for a sump, if i could find the peice of mind that it drilling the back won't cause my tank to explode because of weakened integrity when it fills up. I have been researching and reading like mad to learn as I have never had SW before, but I am in love with it. I have already purchased good lighting ( 2 twin 65W PC )So I guess my question is to all that will answer: Screw whatever delusions I may have had, What would you do with a beautiful 72 gal bowfront?

Thanks. I love this place![/b]

I had a glass 72 gallon bow front when I started sw too. My 72 had a built in over flow, but I didn't like because it took up a lot of space in the aquarium. Really it pretty much made the 72 into a 62 gallon tank, IMO. I wanted space for my fish to swim. So I elected to go with a wet/dry filter and brought the return hose up the back with a nozzle that hung on the top. The only real problem was the glass canopy that came with the tank didn't cover the entire top so I had salt creep. and a lot of evaporation. But the evaporation meant I had to do less water changes.

Hope this helps. :D

It does help indeed. I will have to give drilling a considerable thought. it just still scares me. But I was affraid just as you said that an overflow will clutter the tank. Nothing seems more appealing than when i see pictures of reefs that are clean with nothing more than portions of PH 's visible. thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom