Choosing a Centerpiece Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome! That's so cool when they interact like that. When I was 17 and getting into aquariums, there was no petco etc. A guy had a fish store near my home town. I now know he cared nothing about teaching fish keeping, he just wanted to make a buck. I had 6 or 7 tanks. I had a pacu. In a 20 gallon. And he never mentioned it would get 3' long. I also had an Oscar in a 29g. Sad. They both only lived about a year. So many things I did wrong not knowing

Cross-species interactions that're peaceful are always special. If you don't already, take a look at The Dodo on YouTube. I've screwed up a few times with tanks as well, Charlie. The only thing I can do is try to forgive myself and do a lot better next time.

In fact we may be rewarded in a big way, Charlie. My wife and a former manager tell my that I'm going to Heaven based what I did, gave up and paid to save the pacu. Personal question: How the hell can you stay on 7 tanks at once?

MD Fish Tanks

I have 19 tanks, haha! I'm retired now, but it's a full time job. Jk. We do have to dedicate time every Sunday tho to do water changes, etc. And I have the feeding schedule down, so it's just routine now I guess

I'd like a marine, they are gorgeous. But so dang expensive. I pulled up the carpet in our third bedroom that was just a junk room and painted the slab. Made that a fish room. Built a rack on one side that holds 5. Put 12 in there. The 215 is 7', it's in the dining room, 5 along the walls in the living room, and a little nano 8g cube in our bedroom with my wife's betta

I'd like a marine, they are gorgeous. But so dang expensive. I pulled up the carpet in our third bedroom that was just a junk room and painted the slab. Made that a fish room. Built a rack on one side that holds 5. Put 12 in there. The 215 is 7', it's in the dining room, 5 along the walls in the living room, and a little nano 8g cube in our bedroom with my wife's betta

Go ahead brother, take it to a new level! :popcorn:

Go ahead brother, take it to a new level! :popcorn:
Haha! Maybe one day. After the new year I want to get the 150 acrylic up and running. The 2 bow fronts are just temporarily holding some roseline sharks that are going in it. Then we'll stock all 3. And I need 4 more lights to fit, I traded one for the 13 roselines, lol. Slow and steady. I should've been born rich

Haha! Maybe one day. After the new year I want to get the 150 acrylic up and running. The 2 bow fronts are just temporarily holding some roseline sharks that are going in it. Then we'll stock all 3. And I need 4 more lights to fit, I traded one for the 13 roselines, lol. Slow and steady. I should've been born rich

I think you need a supplemental hobby. My I suggest AAA PC gaming? This way you can be dry for extended periods. :uzi: :D

Do you have a pic of the 150g acrylic?

I do need another hobby, haha! I picked this up on cl and he delivered for $200 total with fish, driftwood, etc. It had a sump but was cracked so I cut it apart and salvaged the acrylic 20201030_125153.jpg

Gotta build a stand next, then a filter. And need a new plug for my 4' finnex light that's going on it. My uncle has a wood shop, and we're gonna build a canopy for it too

That's a beast! When I saw its position, between the other tanks, the first thing I thought of was "SUMP!" It IS time for a marine tank. I feel like the challenge of growing a carpet anemone.

Being able to keep a freshwater tank alive is hard enough. But when it comes to marine tanks there's a sense of accomplishment when you get it right that's hard to describe.

We stay near a pretty desent saltwater store. The owner has 5x1500g tanks, all on exotic moving-bed filtration with all the bells and whistles. One he allows to grow "wild" for the most part. Beyond the fact that the place smells like churned seawater, it's the most beautiful example of a small scale marine tank I've seen in person.

Yeah, I'd love to build and maintain a system like this, but TBH I don't think I'm up to the challenge.

Being able to keep a freshwater tank alive is hard enough. But when it comes to marine tanks there's a sense of accomplishment when you get it right that's hard to describe.

We stay near a pretty desent saltwater store. The owner has 5x1500g tanks, all on exotic moving-bed filtration with all the bells and whistles. One he allows to grow "wild" for the most part. Beyond the fact that the place smells like churned seawater, it's the most beautiful example of a small scale marine tank I've seen in person.

Yeah, I'd love to build and maintain a system like this, but TBH I don't think I'm up to the challenge.
Wow! That's too cool. We live near the gulf coast s of Houston, so marine tanks are popular down here

Wow! That's too cool. We live near the gulf coast s of Houston, so marine tanks are popular down here

I would expect as much considering your faces are jammed into the Gulf. Depending on the prevailing environment in the country, the next new car is going to be road tested through the south including Texas. I understand that your state doesn't play when it comes to BBQ. Sounds like heaven, with a capital "B". If you know what I mean. :D

Haha! Central Texas area bbq is the best imo. Lots of German and polish immigrants settled there and brought their fantastic sausage making skills with them. If you get down this far you'll have to look us up

Haha! Central Texas area bbq is the best imo. Lots of German and polish immigrants settled there and brought their fantastic sausage making skills with them. If you get down this far you'll have to look us up

My wife would be glad to meet good people along the way. She's a lot more socially inclined than I am. :whistle: I look forward to meeting you and your fancy Texas spare ribs. That'll be hot and regular sauce layered on!

Back
Top Bottom