Different clowns fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If its one of each they shouldn't. I have heard of a mixed pair like that getting along one male, the other female. But same rule applies if its more than a pair, they will fight...

If its one of each they shouldn't. I have heard of a mixed pair like that getting along one male, the other female. But same rule applies if its more than a pair, they will fight...

So a pair of picosoes will fight with a pair of ocleris clowns.

Yes, most likely to the death. That goes for pretty much any type of clown when there is more than one pair... Not worth the risk with Picasso s being so expensive!

Is there a way I can set up a quick qt for my ocleris.

Arent some Picasso clowns just a color variation of the Ocellaris? I have two black saddle back and two ocellaris clowns and they have been in the tank for a year or more together. No fighting just the occasional chase around the tank if they get in each others hole. My tank is a 180 though so the size may be why they dont. If the picasso's are OC clowns with the whit coloration it shouldnt fight with another OC clown.

Yup, its all about tank size - two pairs in a 180 provides enough space for them but in a 30, 50 or 60 its just not enough room...

Back
Top Bottom