feeding issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blondek727

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok i just got 2 true percule clownfish there both very health but the big female wont eat but the male will she kinda swims up to check it our but she wont take it. how can i entise her to eat.:confused:

Clowns tend to be the least picky fish in my tank. I agree with the above question. What are you feeding them? I like to use a few different kinds of pellet foods all mixed together along with frozen mysis. I've never had a problem getting a clown to eat.

Remember variety is the key. I feed flake, mysis, vitamin fortified brine and emerald entree. I also feed every other day.

Be careful of how much flake you feed. Flake foods tend to be high in phosphates and or nitrates. I'm glad to hear she is eating!!

The clownfish grown with the natural environment can be difficult to care for in captivity and not suggested for saltwater novice unless it is tank raised fish. you can Provide a varied diet with live food, frozen food, flakes, brine but don’t overfeed it. Nice to know that she started eating and keep constant check on temperature btw 18 to 24°C that would be okey. Hope you got a shy of relief now.

Back
Top Bottom