fuge question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c-bass

Aquarium Advice Activist
Could I use a 15 G tank as a sump AND refugium, or is it too small to add enough seperate chambers. The dimensions would be 24" x 8-1/2 x 16. I would like the benefits of both but am limited with space for right now. I would be placing a HOB skimmer in the sump in its own chamber and having a small chamber for sand and macro algae if possible.

Might get a little cramped depending on the equipment you have but you might try looking at something like >>this<<

Cheers
Steve

Thats kinda what I'm invisioning... but would the HOB skimmer sit on the refugium chamber? Thats where I'm stuck.

What kind of skimmer is it? Sometimes you can extend the intake to get to the correct level but this will often reduce it's affectiveness and may require a stronger pump.

Cheers
Steve

maybe you should consider getting a hang on refuge. try the CPR ones i here they are very good. a 15 gal. is a bit small. is there enough space to put the refuge in a 10 or five gallon tank?

Back
Top Bottom