Fuji rock all gone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then an even better reason to switch to base rock and aaquacultured I would think... :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Possum
yes we have aquaclutred rock if you like, thanks for going aquaclutred!

Personally i think the aquacultured rock could be better than harvested from oceans. You can customize it more and make sure its a higher quality than whats produced in the ocean.

The aqua cultured rock tends to lack a lot of the bio diversity of wild rock, but because of it's more controlled 'upbringing' it's more consistent and less of a risk in terms of hitch hikers.

I knew the Fiji thing was coming. Only a matter of time.

I would think Fiji would attempt to comply with the regulations ASAP. I am sure a large portion of their income comes from U.S. bought corals and LR. Only time will tell I guess.

The aqua cultured rock tends to lack a lot of the bio diversity of wild rock, but because of it's more controlled 'upbringing' it's more consistent and less of a risk in terms of hitch hikers.

? Thats statement is very confusing to me given that people who have gotten both Fiji rock and FL aquaculture rock will atest the FL rock was more bio diverse than the fiji rock based upon the fact that the FL rock can get to you in a mater of days where as the Fiji rock is often more like a week or more from collection point to final desitnation.

I dont know how a plot of ocean floor can be consitered 'controlled' since all they really do is lease a plot of ocean floor and buy a couple hundred tons of rock, limestone usually, and dump it on the aqualease plot. Let teh rock age for a few years adn then collect.

I do agree that fiji often has less hitchikers of both the undesirable and also of the desirable type because of the amount of tiem it takes to get from collection point to our tanks. They basicly die off.

Back
Top Bottom