Getting your own live rock....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcdebb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone ever got their own live rock from the beach or out in the ocean before? I don't know if this sounds like a crazy thought or not. I was on the beach last week, and plan on going again this weekend. The water was so clear and the beach sand was so white, and the rocks were so pretty. It's not like we don't get rocks from the ocean anyway, and yes I'm sure there are things to be concerned about I guess. It was just a thought.

I'm starting up another salt tank after not having one for over a year. i don't have any livestock yet and a few pieces of rock purchased from the store. i was just thinking out loud.....

I didn't take it as rude at all. Im glad I asked. Even tho I've seen tourists or other people take rocks and stuff, not a whole lot. It's not a big deal tho. I have to think about stuff like pollution and i hear about red tide warnings too so you never know.

Well, most of the time they just don't know the laws. Pollution is a big deal down where I live. Lots of keep the beach clean activities. Red Tides we don't get as often, maybe once or twice from one beach a year.

Back
Top Bottom